Hyundai Elantra Car Pictures

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Elantra
In a previous position at a different publication where long-term cars were company-owned and not donated by the automakers’ public relations departments, I vetoed a staff decision to lease a Volvo S60 instead of a Hyundai Elantra. This did not make me a popular person.
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Elantra
We had just turned in a BMW 328i and my spoiled cadre of writers and editors wanted another luxury sport sedan to tool around in for two years.

Hyundai Elantra
The new Volvo was a natural to fill the slot vacated by the BMW, they argued. However, Hyundai had just launched a redesigned Elantra with a terrific powertrain warranty, and it was my duty to keep the team and the content we produced sharply focused on the consumers who trusted us to tell them what cars to buy instead of what would make us look good rolling down Wilshire Avenue.
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Elantra
To my knowledge, no publication had ever conducted a long-term test on a Hyundai so I decided that the time had come to test the Korean automaker’s mettle. When our silver Elantra GLS sedan arrived, I gave the team this instruction: Beat on this car has hard as possible each and every time you drive it.